Are your design ambitions bigger than your budget? Don’t worry and don’t let your lack of budget hold you back. I can show you few simple, smart and CHEAP ideas that look great, too. Ready? Let’s start!
Decals make wonderful wall art. They are quite inexpensive but can really improve the look of the space. Here are just a few wall decor ideas with trees:
First thing first: GET MORE LIGHT.
Rooms with more light look bigger and more spacious. Paint your rooms in a light color. Don’t forget the ceilings, too. As the fifth wall is almost always not considered part of the color scheme of the room. However it plays an important role in the design – low ceilings in dark colors make the whole room feel stuffy and cramped. The trick here is to keep the contrast between the walls and the ceiling to a minimum so the room feel airy and larger.
The ultimate rest provided by the the Para Hammock
The Para Hammock is designed by Chaffee Graham is an unconventional swing that provides ultimate comfort and relaxation. Paracord line connects over 700 walnut pieces. The flexible grid is fully handmade, and each piece is handcrafted. It is exceptionally beautiful, but really touch hammock that is designed for outdoor use.
Modern bathroom design is now more complex and sophisticated than ever. Many people who live in high-end houses have bathrooms that resemble extended living areas within their home.
Most of the newly styled bathroom areas are constructed out of expensive tiles such as stone, mosaic, marble, metal and glass. There are an unlimited array of tile colors and pattern styles available at any home improvement or tile shop. Other types of contemporary tiling include metal and glass pieces and high quality moisture resistant woods.
Another feature of modern bathroom design includes the use of stand alone tubs and separate shower areas. Stand alone tubs are arranged at various points within a bathroom. They are often situated next to a large open window or sliding glass door area. The separate shower area is typically located within a corner of the bathroom that is away from the door or window opening, but this can vary from home to home. Clawfoot tubs can be some of the toughest to find accessories for, but if you look hard enough you are sure to find something truly elegant.
Adding an elegant shower curtain is not only functional, it adds a ton of style to your current décor. The main function is to prevent water from splashing over your entire bathroom, but it will also help conceal your shower area for when you are entertaining and guests use your bathroom. There are thousands of designs of shower curtains available today making it easy to find one that suits your taste perfectly. Keep in mind the color scheme you are going for with your design as a shower curtain can really throw off your warm or cool tones if it clashes.
Wide open windows or sliding glass doors are also included in modern bathroom construct. The window or sliding door should give a home’s occupants a clear view of the surrounding environment that lies outdoors. You can also find curtains for your windows that will match your current shower curtain. This can really finish your design off in the end and give it a fabulous overall look.
Large four-faucet sinks with water proof seating and mirrored walls is another design style for modern bathrooms. As a matter of fact the newer bathrooms specialize in long and big sinks that can provide more than enough room for people to perform their daily cleaning routine or to put on their make up.
Features such as temperature changing tiles, flat panel televisions and two separate toilets are now also included in many modern bathroom structures. What is also a popular trend in bathroom design is having a seating area with water proof or moisture resistant furniture. Jacuzzi’s and small swimming pools are also included within many of the newly styled bathrooms.
The days of small and compact bathroom spaces have ended. The trend has definitely moved toward turning a bathroom area into an extended area of the home and this trend will be here to stay for many years into the future.
Last month I was approached by a friend of the family (David) to redesign the changing room of a crossfit box! at the time I had no idea what a crossfit box was until it was explained to me that crossfit is a new type of fitness training and a box is a new name for the building where groups of people workout very much like a gym.
I agreed to pay a visit to the box so I could asses the room and take some photos, the room compared to the rest of the building was very run down and required repairs to the floor, ceiling and two of the walls, however the size of the space was good considering it will only ever be used by a maximum of 20 people at a time.
I was given the objective that required the following:
- 20 lockers that don’t lock, each locker should be more of a closet to hang clothing
- Wooden benches/chairs, ideally individualized with durable/waterproof padding with our logo
- Modern LED lighting
- Wall art of some kind, we like the idea of brick work like the main hallway
- Heated flooring
- Place to store used towels
- A place to store shoes close to the exit so we can change shoes during workouts
Crossfit shoe rack design
Out of all the project requirements one aspect really excited me and that was to design a shoe rack! as a female I love shoes I think along with bags and high quality hats shoes are in a women’s DNA, Last month during a search of pinterest I discovered a range of ideas perfect for this crossfit shoe project.
My first idea was to have moon shaped baskets on a brick wall near the exit, the material used in the photo was a plastic mesh similar to a wicker basket but I wanted a materiel more durable and it needed to mirror the rest of the changing room, I opted for stainless steel as it was strong and looked the part, I sketched the shoe rack design and had an example made installation was fine but not all the shoes fit, the main problem was the crossfit weightlifting sized shoes where a lot bigger than a standard pair of crossfit sneakers I didn’t realize this and was left with two options.
- I can make the half moon design bigger but this would take up more wall space and add more expense to the project.
- Redesign the moon shaped shoe basket
I opted for a redesign as I had remembered another shoe rack design using baskets but this time I would use tubes made from tough plastic painted black, this would reduce the cost, still fit in with the overall design and also look stylish but different, I used plumbing pipe material as the base with 4 internal bracket to secure each one to the wall, each tube stacked on top of each other saving loads of space another bonus was once the entire unit was assembled it was extremely strong perfect for daily use and additional use during workouts.
At the end of this project I was very happy how it all came together and I am pleased the first design didn’t workout as I don’t think it would have looked as good as the tube design. You always learn something new after each project and this time I discovered not to get down if your first, second or third ideas don’t work everything happens for a reason.
When I’m traveling throughout the United States with my son on business there are occasions I need a babysitter. Here are a few guidelines that can be used to determine a fair rate of pay (based on a few factors). You can then make any changes, or add a little more if you know the babysitter personally, or if they stayed longer than agreed.
Use these guidelines to take into account the following factors: the location, the experience of the babysitter, the number of children being watched and any other special requirements.
Set a competitive rate – the first guideline to keep in mind is that you need to have a competitive rate to keep the best babysitters. You should start with the minimum wage in your area or state, and then work forward from that point. In any case, ensure that you don’t drop below that rate.
- Area – if you are living in a rural area, then there will be less competition for babysitters (when compared to urban areas). However, if you are in a rural area and babysitters are less common, you should expect to pay more.
- Number of children – if you have more than one child that needs to be watched while you are away, then you will need to pay more. Obviously, more children requires more work and more focus. This is especially true if the children are in the age range of two to six years old. So, for each extra child, you should pay your babysitter a few dollars extra.
- Age of the babysitter – the age of the sitter needs to be considered when calculating the rate of pay. As a general rule, if the babysitter is above high school age, you can expect to pay more as they will compare the rates to other possible jobs and work that they could find. Remember that you are going to be competing for their time, so consider this factor.
- Time of day – the amount of time that you are leaving your children is another important factor in the pay rate of the sitter. If you are planning to stay out later, then you should expect to pay a higher rate. Also, as a rule, if you are going to be out past midnight, the the hourly rate will increase. It is suggested that you always pay more at this time of night.
- Short notice – if you need to hire the babysitter on short notice, then you are going to pay a higher rate for the same period of time. This is a common guideline for all types of jobs, and a higher rate of pay is expected.
- Overall, babysitters are expecting to make from $7 to $10 per hour. This rate will increase if you are living in a major city, or when hiring a sitter from a placement service. Use the guidelines above to set a fair rate and find the best sitters in your area.